(Beginner / Intermediate)
Print greetings cards, in one or two colours, from lino blocks you have designed and carved yourself, using Adana table-top printing presses.
You'll have the opportunity to try different types and brands of lino cutting tools and learn how to sharpen them.
Each participant will have their own dedicated press to use.
Water-soluble inks will be used although they may stain, so appropriate clothing should be worn. Aprons and all materials will be provided.
You'll be able to take a stack of your printed cards home with you.
Price includes lunch from Saltaire's legendary Edward St Bakery.
Making the People Powered Press' workshop Covid-safe
Although we’re launching this season of workshops at a time of uncertainty about future Covid-19 restrictions, we’re making sure that the workshop is designed and equipped to keep you safe and comfortable now, and in the event of any future developments.
So here’s what's being to make the People Powered Press a safe, creative place.
- Staff will be tested for Covid on the morning of the day on which any workshop will take place.
- All participants will be asked to take a Covid test before travelling to the workshop.
- The space will be well ventilated, using our in-built extraction system and an air purifier.
- We have sanitiser stations around the space and there are wipes for cleaning surfaces and shared equipment.
- Masks will be worn inside the building if and when official guidance indicates that they should.
- We will provide workspace dividers if and when official guidance indicates that we should.
- BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE: if your workshop has to be postponed, your ticket will still be valid for the rescheduled event. If you're not able to get to it, we will offer you a full refund.
We’ll regularly review all these measures against the latest government guidance, and we hope that this will reassure you that you’re in a comfortable, safe environment, and that we’re taking your safety very seriously indeed.