Some of Becca Macdonald's designs are created using precious metal clay.
During this workshop you will be introduced to this magical material that behaves like clay, but transforms into solid silver once fired.
Workshop price includes all materials, refreshments and a delicious, locally sourced lunch – and take home beautifully unique silver jewellery, hand crafted by you in a single day.
No jewellery making experience is needed!
We will spend the morning exploring mark making and developing design ideas.
You will then be shown how to recreate your favourite designs in precious metal clay.
Following a lunch break, with delicious food provided by Saltaire's famous Edward Street Bakery, you will torch fire your silver clay designs and witness the magic before your very eyes.
After refining and polishing your creations, you will leave with one or two finished pieces of one of a kind silver jewellery.
"Absolutely recommend this course! We all had an amazing day and all got to take away some brilliant jewellery." - Collette
"Had the best time making amazing jewellery with this incredible lady! To say I’m not creative is an understatement but she helped me all the way." - Chloe
- No previous experience required
- Maximum of 6 people per workshop
- You will receive your workshop voucher in the post
- Voucher admits one person
- Refreshments and delicious, locally sourced lunch is included
- Tickets are non-refundable but can be exchanged for an alternative date which better suits
Making the People Powered Press' workshop Covid-safe
Although we’re launching this season of workshops at a time of uncertainty about future Covid-19 restrictions, we’re making sure that the workshop is designed and equipped to keep you safe and comfortable now, and in the event of any future developments.
So here’s what's being to make the People Powered Press a safe, creative place.
- Staff will be tested for Covid on the morning of the day on which any workshop will take place.
- All participants will be asked to take a Covid test before travelling to the workshop.
- The space will be well ventilated, using our in-built extraction system and an air purifier.
- We have sanitiser stations around the space and there are wipes for cleaning surfaces and shared equipment.
- Masks will be worn inside the building if and when official guidance indicates that they should.
- We will provide workspace dividers if and when official guidance indicates that we should.
We’ll regularly review all these measures against the latest government guidance, and we hope that this will reassure you that you’re in a comfortable, safe environment, and that we’re taking your safety very seriously indeed.