Take home prints you've designed and made yourself.
Introduction to Mono Printing, Sat 12 Feb
We will try a range of monoprint techniques to create colourful layered one-off unique prints, using a range of techniques including printing from textures such as fabrics, feathers, textured papers, leaves etc, stencils and using inking and wiping methods to create a variety of effects.
For people who attend the introduction to drypoint workshop, Cath will also explain how to add monoprint colour on top of a drypoint image.
Introduction to Collagraph Printing, Sat 12 Mar
We will explore basic collagraph methods using a range of textured papers, vinyls, tapes and glues etc.
Textures are added to the plate (mountboard) much like a collage. The collaged pieces can then be inked up to create collagraph print.
Emphasis will be on learning collagraph techniques by making a series of abstract prints exploring colour and texture.
The session will include making a collagraph plate from scratch, followed by inking and printing methods, using both relief and intaglio methods to create a range of images.
What to expect
A skilled tutor and like-minded people keen to share their ideas develop new skills in a really friendly, creative environment. There’ll be a break for tea and cake from Saltaire’s famous Edward Street Bakery.
What to bring with you
- Sketches/photos to work from – A5.
- Apron/old clothes.
- A4 folder or something you can carry prints home in.
Price includes refreshments.
Making the People Powered Press' workshop Covid-safe
Although we’re launching this season of workshops at a time of uncertainty about future Covid-19 restrictions, we’re making sure that the workshop is designed and equipped to keep you safe and comfortable now, and in the event of any future developments.
So here’s what's being to make the People Powered Press a safe, creative place.
- Staff will be tested for Covid on the morning of the day on which any workshop will take place.
- All participants will be asked to take a Covid test before travelling to the workshop.
- The space will be well ventilated, using our in-built extraction system and an air purifier.
- We have sanitiser stations around the space and there are wipes for cleaning surfaces and shared equipment.
- Masks will be worn inside the building if and when official guidance indicates that they should.
- We will provide workspace dividers if and when official guidance indicates that we should.
- BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE: if your workshop has to be postponed, your ticket will still be valid for the rescheduled event. If you're not able to get to it, we will offer you a full refund.
We’ll regularly review all these measures against the latest government guidance, and we hope that this will reassure you that you’re in a comfortable, safe environment, and that we’re taking your safety very seriously indeed.
All proceeds from this workshop will be used to support the People Powered Press' work with community groups around the Bradford district, amplifying local voices and spreading words worth spreading.