Perfect for beginners, we will be going through the basic elements of calligraphy
Get to grips with the tools, learning strokes, shapes & joining letters.
We will work through alphabets and phrases and you will go home with your own pen, nib, practice sheets, guidelines & ink to keep on practising your new-found skill.
"Sally guided us through the workshop so effortlessly, she's a great teacher and it was easy to ask for instruction and support throughout. We both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and learnt so much."
“I had an absolutely fantastic afternoon with Sally Jane. I have been wanting to learn calligraphy for a while now and never been able to get the hang of it. Sally was wonderful and patient. I really can’t recommend Sally’s class enough! Thank You for giving me the confidence to keep going!”
What to expect
A skilled tutor and like-minded people keen to share their ideas develop new skills in a really friendly, creative environment. There’ll be a break for tea and cake from Saltaire’s famous Edward Street Bakery.
What to bring with you
No need to bring anything. Their calligraphy kits will be available to use in the workshop and take home with you.
Price includes refreshments and calligraphy kit.
Making the People Powered Press' workshop Covid-safe
Although we’re launching this season of workshops at a time of uncertainty about future Covid-19 restrictions, we’re making sure that the workshop is designed and equipped to keep you safe and comfortable now, and in the event of any future developments.
So here’s what's being to make the People Powered Press a safe, creative place.
- Staff will be tested for Covid twice a week.
- Workshops which can take place in our covered outdoor space will do so.
- The capacity of all workshops has been capped to ensure that social distancing is possible and comfortable in the studio and in the outdoor workshop space.
- The space will be well ventilated, using our in-built extraction system and windows when needed.
- We have sanitiser stations around the space and there are wipes for cleaning surfaces and shared equipment.
- Masks will be worn inside the building if and when official guidance indicates that they should.
- We will provide perspex workspace dividers if and when official guidance indicates that we should.
We’ll regularly review all these measures against the latest government guidance, and we hope that this will reassure you that you’re in a comfortable, safe environment, and that we’re taking your safety very seriously indeed.
All proceeds from this workshop will be used to support the People Powered Press' work with community groups around the Bradford district, amplifying local voices and spreading words worth spreading.