Six poets gather together to exchange and discuss poems-in-progress with poet and tutor Antony Dunn.
A lively and rigorous guided conversation will give you fresh perspectives on your own writing and challenge you to be constructively critical about other people’s work. This is a great opportunity to learn from each other, to experience a range of different approaches and techniques, and to put some real polish onto one of your own poems.
Poets of any age and level of experience are welcome.
What to expect
A supportive, encouraging environment among participants with various levels of experience. It’ll be intense work, but fun and there’ll be plenty of laughter.
Tea and coffee (we do rather good coffee) will be on hand throughout!
What to bring with you
Seven copies of a poem you’ve written that you’d like some help finishing, a pen and some paper or a notepad.
Making the People Powered Press' workshop Covid-safe
Although we’re opening the People Powered Press at the very moment restrictions are being lifted nationwide, we’re making sure that the workshop is designed and equipped to keep you safe and comfortable now, and in the event of any future developments.
So here’s what's being to make the People Powered Press a safe, creative place.
- Staff will be tested for Covid twice a week.
- Workshops which can take place in our covered outdoor space will do so.
- The capacity of all workshops has been capped to ensure that social distancing is possible and comfortable in the studio and in the outdoor workshop space.
- The space will be well ventilated, using our in-built extraction system and windows when needed.
- We have sanitiser stations around the space and there are wipes for cleaning surfaces and shared equipment.
- Masks will be worn inside the building if and when official guidance indicates that they should.
- We will provide perspex workspace dividers if and when official guidance indicates that we should.
We’ll regularly review all these measures against the latest government guidance, and we hope that this will reassure you that you’re in a comfortable, safe environment, and that we’re taking your safety very seriously indeed.
All proceeds from this workshop will be used to support the People Powered Press' work with community groups around the Bradford district, amplifying local voices and spreading words worth spreading.