Two contrasting and complementary workshops – with Antony in the morning and with Zaffar in the afternoon – will equip you with a range of new skills and ideas to refresh your poetic practice.
In a range of reading, writing and conversational games, you’ll explore some unusual sources of inspiration and some new techniques. Take home a small collection of new poems – finished or drafted – which might just take you by surprise…
The day ends with a short reading by Zaffar and Antony from their own poems.
“Antony is an excellent facilitator and ensures everyone feels their input is valued and heard.” – Emma, workshop participant, 2021
You'll also have the chance to contribute your words to a giant mural by the People Powered Press.
Price includes lunch.
All proceeds from this workshop will be used to support the People Powered Press' work with community groups around the Bradford district, amplifying local voices and spreading words worth spreading.
Making the People Powered Press' workshop Covid-safe
Although we’re launching this season of workshops at a time of uncertainty about future Covid-19 restrictions, we’re making sure that the workshop is designed and equipped to keep you safe and comfortable now, and in the event of any future developments.
So here’s what's being to make the People Powered Press a safe, creative place.
- Staff will be tested for Covid on the morning of the day on which any workshop will take place.
- All participants will be asked to take a Covid test before travelling to the workshop.
- The space will be well ventilated, using our in-built extraction system and an air purifier.
- We have sanitiser stations around the space and there are wipes for cleaning surfaces and shared equipment.
- Masks will be worn inside the building if and when official guidance indicates that they should.
- We will provide workspace dividers if and when official guidance indicates that we should.
- BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE: if your workshop has to be postponed, your ticket will still be valid for the rescheduled event. If you're not able to get to it, we will offer you a full refund.
We’ll regularly review all these measures against the latest government guidance, and we hope that this will reassure you that you’re in a comfortable, safe environment, and that we’re taking your safety very seriously indeed.